captain-clumsy-giraffe asked: What are some good books that aren't 'teen literature' or teen novels. I hate romance novels because eew! So what do yoh recommend for me to start getting into 'adult' books that aren't romantic...
I’ll recommend some (with links to their pages on Goodreads) and hopefully some of my amazing followers can offer some of their favorites :)
- Little Bee by Chris Cleave
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Not knowing what your reading tastes are like, I tried to incorporate a bit of variety (not including non-fiction). Hopefully something sparks your interest! But when in doubt, I like to visit Goodreads and see what others are reading.
Also, play around with this site a little bit to see what you should read next! Hope that helps :)